Heatstroke is a condition that happens when your body overheats and reaches high temperatures of more than 104° F. Symptoms include headache, rapid breathing, increased pulse rate, flushed skin, vomiting, irritability, confusion, and alteration in sweating.
Heatstroke is usually caused by becoming dehydrated, drinking too much alcohol, wearing too much clothing, exposure to a very hot environment, and intense physical activity. It may lead to damaging your brain, muscles, kidneys, heart, and worse, death.
This summer, heatstroke will be more common. Prevent this from happening by following these tips:
- Wear loose and lightweight clothing.
- Drink lots of fluids except alcoholic beverages.
- If possible, stay indoors when it’s very hot outside.
- Protect your skin from sun damage and wear sunscreen.
- Avoid strenuous activities during high temperatures.
If someone is experiencing heatstroke, seek medical help immediately. Take the person indoors, remove their excess clothing, and try to cool them down.
Hastings Homecare Corp. is one of the best providers of home care services in Pasadena, California. We aim to give seniors the safest and most comfortable lives possible. Our services are made to be customized depending on your unique needs.